Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Lesson 2 Reflection



1. Positive Statement

What I am most proud of in my Lesson 2 is of my hook activity as well as my activity. I say this because I was able to tie in both in the use my answer. I was able to tie in my hook activity by incorporating listening, like the game. For my activity I was able to help my peers better understand that difficulties that English learners in 1st grade can have and how as a 1st grade teacher you can better understand those difficulties to be able to teach better for student comprehension.

2. Questions to Consider
       a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your Lesson 2 Presentation (self-assessment)?
                                       P    
       b.     Explain why you deserve that grade using evidence from the Lesson 2 component contract.



3. What worked for you in your Lesson 2?
            What worked for me in my Lesson 2 I would say my activities because I felt that it helped my peers better comprehend the English learner difficulties these 1st grade students face in 1st grade and how it would hard to improve there test scores if they had first didn’t understand these difficulties.

4.  (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would you have done differently to improve your Lesson 2?

          I would have talked a lot slower and I would have tried to better phrase my answer because I explained it but the point of the answer is to do all the explaining without the need of the person to do it.
5. Finding Value
    What do you think your answer #2 is going to be? 
            Oral language- how students learn more of a specific language if they converse with other students by being interactive with them and being able to pick up the language they are learning( like in my case would be English)

No comments:

Post a Comment