Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Independent Component 1



Literal:

(a) I, Xena Perez-Angeles, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.
(b) My mentor helped me complete my 30 hours for my independent component. My mentor has 12 years of experience as an elementary school teacher.
(c) Independent Component Log
(d) So I basically completed my 30 hours for my independent component. Overall for those 30 hours I helped my mentor as her TA in her class and helped her with the 1st graders as well as helped her with them in class.

Interpretive:

So during my 30 hours for my independent component, it helped me formulate my answer of having visuals. During my 30 hours, I helped my mentor during class, sometimes by reading a book with the plush toy to the children and I was able to notice that the English learners in that class were able to enjoy reading time because the books I would help read to these kids were mostly bilingual.  (pics)

Applied:

  My component helped me understand my foundation of my topic better by helping me formulate my first answer. It helped me by giving me the experience of what kinds of difficulties English learners in first grade face, and the articles during my research check also helped because they gave me a more detailed example of how teachers, elementary teachers “deal” with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment