Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Monday, May 12, 2014

Mentorship

Literal:
On side of blog
Interpretive:
      What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
   
         The most important thing I gained from this experience was about finding opportunities where I could find a mentorship in what ever area of field I want to study in when I go to college.Also, being able to work in a field where I might go into with some experience with help me a great deal just because I will have some prior experience  besides textbook knowledge.  I also gained working with others. I worked with the teachers I helped, I have worked with peers, so working together well with a diverse group of different personalities.

Applied:
    How has what you've done helped you answer your EQ? Please explain.

          I gained my first two answers from my experience with my mentor. Being able to work with these first graders and being able to get hands-on experience was able to provide me with the ability to best "teach" first grader english learners. I was able to better comprehend my answers: social learning through oral language. I was able to notice that when I was helping these first graders, the english learners and non-english learners would constantly communicate(talk to each other). My other answer is interactive teaching through oral language.This one I was able to observe first hand throughout my mentorship because of how the teacher included english learners and their responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment