Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Blog #7 :Independent Component 1 Approval



  1. What I plan to do for the 30 hours needed to complete this component is mostly volunteering and doing other interviews with the staff of Cortez as uses of resources. For the 30 hours I will mostly be working with my mentor, Ms. De La Peña in being her TA. I have had prior experience and as her TA I will make copies and help her create or look for activities for the children to do . As her TA I will also help her, as I already have with activities in entertaining or helping the children with work that she has, doing testing with some of them and doing the regular routine of the class (name of month, pledge of allegiance, day, time tables money count ext.) and much more
  2. I plan on showing evidence of completing the 30 hours for this component by taking pictures of the work the children do, and of course asking the teacher and the school if I am allowed to take pictures with the kids. I will use photographs,artwork  ect. that I will do to show the children how they have to do thiers to meet the requirements for this component.
  3. Helping and conducting more interviews will help me explore my topic more in-depth by helping me clarify certain points and to change or better improve my EQ. This will help me by also giving me, providing or elaborating on possible answers to my EQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment