Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Monday, September 30, 2013

Activities with the Children




So I have been volunteering, well mentoring with a 1st grade teacher. The kids are so cute. I however, do most of the activities with the children; I act as a TA. I do laminate posters and pages, print out worksheets, print and make copies of activities worksheets. During major holidays we spend a part of the day doing the holiday theme. For Halloween the kids will probably be coloring in a pumpkin and cutting out- I will need to help them with using the scissors. The kids will also probably get little goody bags when it is Halloween. Like the kids I have my own little clip that shows how I've been doing- and I'm on the best there is. However I don't get the "gum ball", the little rubber ball (as all the other children do) from the candy machine. It is very fun and helpful for me that I volunteer with my mentor and she answers all or any questions I have. As I do my Individual Component 1 , I will start to post up images of what I do in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment