Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Senior Topic Finalized




         So , I have not come to a concrete conclusion as to what exactly my senior topic is going to be. I know I wanted a mentorship and senior topic where I could work with children. So originally I was going to choose 1st grade teacher, however as I started to do research and read the articles I gathered which were mostly about early literacy. So how children think, comprehend and basically how their minds "cope" with the information given to them. I found this interesting so I might do something like how children (youths) learn and understand how to read, write and the other basics. I learned that if a child is frequently absent during 1st grade a lot that they are more limey to drop out of school in the later years. I asked this question specifically in my interview with Ms. De La Pena. She responded that this was correct because in the 1st grade is where most or all of the children learn the basics or " foundation" that their later skills will be developed on and if they miss a critical part then they won't comprehend  something later in their life in school. Then they will drop out of school because they were not fully equipped with the necessary tools to succeed in their later school years.

No comments:

Post a Comment