Elementary School Teaching :

What is the best way for a 1st grade teacher to maximize an E.L. (English Learner) student's score on their district's test?

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Blog #4: Interview Preparation



1. Who do you plan to interview? Why?

Well, I have already had my interview with my mentor- Ms. De La Pena. I asked questions of why she became a teacher and asked her question using the information I got from my first three articles. I interviewed her just because she is my mentor and she could help guide me to the right people and help me by giving me tips on what I may want to ask other interviewers. She answered a lot of my questions with a good length of explanation and that was really good- for me.

2. You have to ask 5 questions. 

Since I have already done my interview I asked her:
Why did you become a teacher? 
Did you want to pursue something else or did you know you wanted to be a teacher?
In a article I recently read, the article stated that "good praise" is bad? Did you think that this is true?
Do you think that there are teachers who just have a "natural born" ability or do they learn how to run a classroom?
Do you think there is such thing as good teachers? Bad teachers? Why?
Are children who are absent a lot in 1st grade more likely to drop out of school later on? Why? How did you know this or find out?
Where did you get your teaching credentials? Why that school and not another one?

No comments:

Post a Comment